Simone Bruyere Fraser - Illuminate the Art of Living

Friday, April 29, 2011

White People Who Care....

A thought from a young prison boy this week...

"I used to think it was me against the world. I went to court and no one was there, no family, nothing. Then I came here. I think god sent you to me as an angel, to show me something, to teach me something. I never met white people who care. I think life is like a puzzle, and you put it together piece by piece, and when you are all done with the puzzle something beautiful happens. I just get angry when people get in my way from completing the puzzle."

I never thought about my color making a strong impact on the work that I do. Let this be a lesson to all of us, that we may not realize the unique tools we bring to the table until we do it...after this comment it made me think about starting a non-profit org. called "White People who Care"...then I realized it would mostly be comprised of my very ethnically diverse friends....ah well..."Be the change you wish to see in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment