Simone Bruyere Fraser - Illuminate the Art of Living

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Is that a tissue in your pocket?

I was standing at a bus stop. It was cold. It was raining. I needed a tissue. I looked in my backpack, no tissue. My purse, no tissue. I stood there trying to snuffle myself into comfort. I looked at the restaurant across the street, maybe they had napkins I could use. I looked at my phone, the bus was supposed to come any minute, but they weren't always on schedule. I didn't dare miss it. I asked someone standing next to me for a tissue. No luck. I waited almost a half hour trying not to breath for fear all sorts of stuff would drip down my face and put me in even more agony. The bus came. I sat on the bus. I road it till I got home. I walked to my front door. I looked in my coat pocket for house keys. I found a tissue.

This is how most of us go through life. In pain, looking for what we think we need that will make us finally feel better, you already have it in your pocket. Check your own life pockets first, you may find that you already have what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment