Simone Bruyere Fraser - Illuminate the Art of Living

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Go Hug, or go Home.

I have volunteered on and off with children for a long time now. I love working with them, I always learn from them. I said to a four year old the other day "Can I have a little hug?" And he flatly, bluntly, and quickly said "No." Although I was fine with that answer, I was surprised, so I asked why. He said,"Because I only give big hugs." It was serious, direct, and very matter of fact. He then proceeded to pounce on me with an enormous bear tackle type hug with the entirety of his weight. I stood corrected. Big hug, or no hug. Go hard, or go home. There is no half way in anything. Give it everything you got, or don't give anything at all. That was my lesson. Thank you Professor four year old. I will only give big hugs from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment