Simone Bruyere Fraser - Illuminate the Art of Living

Saturday, April 3, 2021

See the World

     It is an wild time on our planet. Our planet is having a pause around the globe in a way it never has before. In that sometimes we are forced to see new parts of the world, and faced with unknown parts of ourselves. It is a difficult thing to not only face oneself, but to truly look at the hardships in the world. It would be easier to avoid them, easier to stay busy and keep on keeping on so we didn’t have to feel.
    In quarantine I have been doing a lot of seeing, a lot of creating, and sometimes picking up new things I have never done before. This is my first painting, “See the World.” I started painting and then watched Bob Ross to see what I could pick up from the painting guru. What I picked up is that I should’ve started watching him before I started painting, but that’s alright. It’s a process. Watching him was a joy of discovery, and a joy of seeing and exploring the natural world. I found myself looking at clouds, looking at trees, observing how water and light move, observing the mountains in their majesty. It was definitely a meditation not only seeing the world around me but the world inside of me as well. There is so much difficulty going on in the world right now, we must find ways to process. Try something new and you might find parts of yourself, and parts of the planet that you never knew existed. And in that become a little bigger, a little fuller in your vision, and a little deeper than you ever were before.

By Simone Bruyere Fraser

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment