Simone Bruyere Fraser - Illuminate the Art of Living

Sunday, June 27, 2010

California Car-ism...

A few weeks ago my car window was smashed out in front of my home. Odd, to say the least. I live in a nice and peaceful neighborhood, don't have any terrible enemies (that I know of), and nothing was taken from my car...

I left the car unfixed for over a week after the window was smashed out, I think I was in shock, and also decided in its own way it was kinda comical. People in Los Angles love their cars, an extension of their external self, I wasn't bothered that much, my car is not a place that I hold much personal value (to put it mildly). The window being smashed out, however, definitely took it to a whole nother level. I left the glass in the back seat, the side mirror had fallen off, just road around with the window busted out...sometimes I would dress up real nice if I were going out and valet at a hot joint just for fun...the looks of awe and confusion were amazing...

A stick to California Car-ism: let us never take ourselves or our situations to seriously...I think the lesson for me in this one was a whole new level of non-attachment to perception, my own or anyone else's...fixed the window this week, fine during the day, a little chilly at night... ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment