Simone Bruyere Fraser - Illuminate the Art of Living

Friday, July 2, 2010

Personal Assistance...

The relationship between the Hollywood type and the "assistant" is a funny one. They love them, can't get enough of them, can't get enough people to do enough random tasks for them in their everyday life. After I had been in LA a few months I was taken back by this anomaly, it seemed that every friend I made, every date I went on they would start a sentence with "my assistant." I thought about my mother who runs a large organization and asked her one day..."mom, how many assistants do you have?" she paused, and thoughtfully said "you mean personal staff?" My parents, so amazing, my mom has had people helping her accomplish millions tasks for years and never once did I ever hear her utter the term "my assistant".

Again and again I say "trees full of fruit bow low...."

There is nothing wrong with assistance, having people help you accomplish a valued mission, or goal, we need help from each other and that is beautiful....but let us not forget the point of the help...not to enhance our status, but as synergy to be able to give more to the world. I've realized now, after spending a few years in LA, that there are many things in my life I will always do with my own two hands...nothing brings me greater joy then to re-pot a plant, hang dry some laundry, cook a home made meal, or walk a dog in the park. Some assistance is necessary, but some things just keep life real and pure and are important to enjoy for your self.

No comments:

Post a Comment