Simone Bruyere Fraser - Illuminate the Art of Living

Friday, June 22, 2012

Love is patient, love is kind, and love don't take no shit.

I hadn't seen my prison boys for several weeks, and when I got there I was actually picked up, and moved like a football as many yards as I would physically withstand. The love that they share is more then I could ever express or deserve but I'll take it. There is something pure about the love that I share with them and that is why I crave it so much. With life threatening circumstances and trauma around the corner it is hard to get too far off track in pettiness.

But, what I really want to talk about in all this is how we heal. The process of healing, the process of loving which I have come to understand on a much deeper level then I ever thought I would. Love is patient, love is kind, and love don't take no shit. At times in my life I think I was afraid to hit the nail on the head because I didn't want to hurt people, or have them be mad at me, and there is something to be said for picking your battles, but in the long run you are not helping people by allowing them to spin webs of untruth. I am not afraid to have you (or your ego) hate me because if I continue to let you get away with this it is not good for you. Lying, cheating, stealing, you name it - in the long run it doesn't hurt me, but it would hurt them, and I had to call it out....and sometimes I was hated for it. Shedding light in sore places is never easy, and most the time people will want to tell you to shut the f*ck up, attack you, blame you, which sucks - but if you are doing it for the right reasons I say progress. I say push on...and there was never one time that I did that that it didn't come back to bless me, even if it was months or years later. You are never doing someone a favor by enabling them to do things that hurt them self and others in the long run, only to feel more at ease in the moment. Put your ego aside, and speak the truth for others and for yourself, for that is real love and how we all become better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment